WhatsApp has over 800 million active users worldwide, making it one of the most used mobile messaging applications out there. The latest important feature that this application has received is the one that allows you to make Voice Calls to your WhatsApp friends.
It supposed to be a real success, but it seems that the features came with some issues and while calling a WhatsApp friend, you noticed that the call was either lagging or interrupting for no reason. The users who reported the issue said that they didn’t have any problems with the mobile internet connection, so it has to be something related to the WhatsApp Voice Calling feature or there is a problem with the WhatsApp servers.
We’ve noticed that, lately, the WhatsApp developers have been continuously releasing new WhatsApp BETA versions and this is happening almost daily. The new WhatsApp BETA version is 2.12.114 and got released today. As expected, not many things have changed, but the application received a few bug fixes and some other minor improvements.
– It costs only 0.99 dollars per year (after the trial period ends);
– No hidden fee: The application uses the internet connection to receive and send data, so it doesn’t matter if you are talking with someone from another country, as you will not get taxed for anything else than your internet data;
– WhatsApp Web: even if the developers of WhatsApp didn’t release a full client for computers, they’ve brought the WhatsApp Web feature, which allows you to log into your WhatsApp account via the Firefox, Google Chrome or Opera browser;
– Offline messages: In case you don’t leave your smartphone connected to the internet 24/7, don’t worry, because you will receive all the messages while being offline. All the messages are stored in the WhatsApp servers and are sent to the receiver once (s)he logs back into his/her WhatsApp account;
– Sending images and audio files: You can send photos and audio files on WhatsApp. However, you’re quite limited, because you can’t send files that are too large;
– Sending your location: In case you are in a restaurant or pub and your friend doesn’t know where it is located, you can always send your location via the WhatsApp application and let him/her know where you are;
– No usernames and passwords: The WhatsApp application uses your mobile phone number as the ID. It doesn’t require a password, but you will have to use a verification method when you activate the WhatsApp account on your smartphone.
WhatsApp 2.12.114: Downloading and Installing on your Android smartphone
WhatsApp 2.12.114 is the latest BETA version that just got released by the developers of WhatsApp. Unfortunately, you can’t install it directly from the Google Play Store and in case you really want to test it, you will have to manually download it from the WhatsApp official website.
So, first of all, download the APK (installation) file of WhatsApp 2.12.114 on your Android smartphone. To do this, you will need to open the browser on your Android smartphone and head to whatsapp.com/android. When the webpage loads, you will notice a big “Download Now” button. So, tap on it to start downloading the WhatsApp 2.12.114 APK on your Android device.
Now that you have the WhatsApp installation file on your Android smartphone, you will need to manually install it. However, you can’t do this if Unknown Sources is disabled. To enable this option, you will need head to the Android smartphone Settings->Applications or Settings->Security, search for Unknown Sources and check the box that’s located in front of it. When you’re sure that Unknown Sources is enabled, use a file manager to go to the location where you’ve saved the WhatsApp 2.12.114 APK file and install it.
Enjoy using the latest WhatsApp 2.12.114 BETA version on your Android smartphone!
Related ItemsWhatsApp 2.12.114WhatsApp 2.12.114 APKWhatsApp 2.12.114 DownloadWhatsApp Improved Features