The Google Nexus 6 was just released recently alongside its operation system, the Android Lollipop. On the next side of the ring, we have the LG G3 which came in earlier in the year in June.
Nexus is new, while LG is rather older, but why don’t we take a look at this fantastic phones side by side after all they are still going to fight for their place in the smartphone market.
- The screen display, size and design
- Nexus 6 presents a stunning 5.9 inch, AMOLED, QuadHD touchscreen and a resolution of 1,440 by 2,560 pixels with an overall pixel density reaching about 493 ppi.
- The LG G3 is not left behind with its 5.5 inch, True HD-IPS and LCD display.that matches the Nexus’ resolution and and an overall pixel density standing at 534 ppi. The giant screen and high resolution just gives the user a fantastic viewing experience.
- Onto the design and appearance, Nexus 6 brings in a mouthwatering Goliath screen with a plastic exterior plus a metal frame on the sides.
- LG G3 also has a sleek design, the plastic case with a metallic like effect makes it good to handle completing the stylish look.
- Nexus 6, as expected is more thicker and heavier than the G3, with sizes of the two phones being 0.4 inch and 184g and 0.35 and 149g respectively.
- The camera brings about more similarities between these handsets. Both handsets have a 13 MP rear facing camera, with fantastic features such as dual LED flash, optical image stabilization and facilitation of 4K video recording.
- The front facing one in LG G3 is 2.1 MP whereas for Nexus is at 2.0MP.
- The G3 smashes home here with top class features such as the Laser autofocus which takes astonishingly about 0.276 to focus any object.
- The LG G3 has varied storage choices for which are 16 GB that built with the RAM having a 2GB memory space and a 32GB one that has a RAM of 3GB, that is a bit different from Nexus which offers more in the name of 32 and 64 GB.
- Nexus on its part has a RAM of 3GB for both types.
- It is good to note that, the Nexus 6, as other Nexus, fails to offer an option for expandable memory. G3 readily offers this microSD support for memory expansion that reaches up to 128GB.
- Internal Operations
- The chipset in G3 is the Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 and is run by a quad core processor with a clock speed of 2.5 GHz while the GPU is Adreno 330.
- The same cannot be said of Nexus as it is developed by new and advanced technology in the processor area. The chipset is the Qualcomm Snapdragon 805, run by a quad core processor which has a clock speed of 2.7GHz with the GPU being Adreno 420. These are more powerful and advanced features than for the G3.
- Both are in the Android family but the versions are different. G3 is running on the old Android 4.4 Kitkat while the Nexus introduces Google’s latest release, the Android Lollipop. This means new features will be found in the Nexus. However, we cannot rule out the possibility of LG seeking an upgrade.
- With G3 making its debut with a high price tag, the price has since reduced while the Nexus will make its debut with its price estimated at $649.
For these fantastic handsets, each has tried to outshine the other in a particular department. You be the judge which is the winner!
Related ItemsLG G3nexus 6Nexus 6 featuresNexus 6 news