A new version of BeanStalk Android 4.4.4 KitKat ROM has been released for the HTC One M7 smartphones.
In concordance with Team Android, the new BeanStalk ROM is actually based on CyanogenMod version and it will come with great customization of the OS. The new custom ROM also boosts the device’s performance and comes with a new visual interface. Some other custom things the new ROM comes with are shortcut for easy access to your most used applications and many other personalization options such as: a new status bar with color transparency options, custom wallpapers, custom boot animations, kill application using the back button, custom notifications header and many more.
What you should know before installing a custom ROM
Even if most of the custom ROMs come with performance improvements to your device and new UI experience, it also means that when you flash your device, you will lose the warranty of it. So keep this in mind, as soon as you flash your device, don’t expect to get any warranty refund in case your device won’t start again.
Installing Android 4.4.4 KitKat custom ROM
In order to install the new BeanStalk Android 4.4.4 KitKat custom ROM, you will need to make sure you got the HTC One M7 (GSM) model. To check the model of the device, go to Settings->About Phone->Model Number.
Installation of a custom ROM will require a “wipe” of the phone’s memory so make sure you backup all the data before starting the new ROM installation process. You can use an application such as Clockword Mod to backup all the data.
After that, make sure that you have installed on your PC the USB drivers or else your phone will not be recognized. At the same time, make sure your phone has over 80% battery or you might get the “chance” to see the smartphone to get out of battery in the middle of the installation, which will bring you some problems.
Keep in mind that in order to install a custom ROM to your HTC One M7, your device must be rooted.
Here are the steps that you must do in order to install BeanStalk Android 4.4.4 KitKat custom ROM:
– Download BeanStalk Android 4.4.4 KitKat custom ROM to your PC
– Connect your device (HTC One M7) to PC by using the USB cable
– Copy Android 4.4.4 KitKat zip file in your phone’s microSD card memory.
– Install Android SDK and place the boot.img that is found in the BeanStalk Android 4.4.4 KitKat zip file and place it into your PC’s Program Files directory Androidandroid-sdk-windowsplatform-tools
– Now, restart your phone and get into the bootloader mode by pressing and holding the Volume (Down) and Power buttons.
– After you get into the Bootloader mode on your smartphone, go to your PC’s Program Files directory Androidandroid-sdk-windowsplatform-tools and open command prompt by using SHIFT+right click and select “open command window here” and type the command ‘fastboot flash boot boot.img’ (and press ENTER) followed by the command ‘fastboot reboot’ (and press ENTER)
– After that, select BOOTLOADER option so that you can enter in Recovery Mode
– Once you are in recovery mode, clear your phone’s memory by selecting “wipe data/factory reset” (to navigate into the menu use the volume keys and to select use the power button)
– You will now clear the cache memory by selecting “wipe cache partition”
– Go back to the recovery screen and select “install ZIP from SD card” and choose the Android 4.4.4 ROM .zip file that is located in the your microSD card
– Once the installation is completed, select “Go back” and restart your device by selecting “reboot system now”
Now, since your HTC One M7 will boot for the first time on the new OS, it will take a few minutes to complete.
Related ItemsBeanStalk Android 4.4.4 KitKatBeanStalk Android 4.4.4 KitKat DownloadBeanStalk Android 4.4.4 KitKat InstallInstalling BeanStalk Android 4.4.4 KitKat ROM on your HTC One M7