The latest operating system from Android is Lollipop.
This operating system was released sometimes towards the end of last year and since then, a number of devices have been receiving the updates from their respective manufacturers.
One of the latest models to get the latest version of Android 5.0.1 Lollipop update is the Samsung Galaxy Note 4. The Galaxy Note 4 was among the first devices to get the update to the Android 5.0 Lollipop firmware and with this, there is nothing that can stop this device from getting the updates to this latest Android operating system.
Android 5.0.1 Lollipop comes with fixes to security holes and bugs
Just like with every update to a software application, the latest version of the Android 5.0.1 Lollipop comes in as an update to the Android 5.0 Lollipop. This in line with fixing the bugs and security holes that had been identified in the debut version of this operating system.
There were some users who had complained of excessive battery drain and Wi-Fi connectivity issues as some of the major aspects of the OS that need to be highlighted by the developers. This is exactly what Google has done with this OS and as it stands, users of the latest Android 5.0.1 Lollipop will be treated to a better battery life than before. This is of course not just the only fix introduced in the new version of the Android Lollipop as the application also includes improvements in general performance as well as enhancement of features.
Upgrading Samsung Galaxy Note 4 with Android 5.0.1 Lollipop
As earlier noted, it is now possible to update your Galaxy Note 4 to the latest version of the Android 5.x.x Lollipop without any hassles. In this article, we’ll show you in a few steps just how easy it is to get the latest version of Android 5.0.1 on your Samsung Galaxy Note 4.
How to upgrade to Android 5.0.1 Lollipop using Samsung Kies
The Samsung Kies app is the best piece of software you can use to update your Samsung device’s software via a desktop. It’s very simple to use. All you need to do is download the latest version of this application and install it on your PC. Launch the Samsung Kies app and connect your Samsung Galaxy Note 4 to your PC using a USB cable.
The Samsung Kies will immediately detect your Galaxy Note 4 and register it and post this registration, the app will notify you if there are any updates available for your device’s software. Just go through with the simple steps provided by the application and you should be able to complete the upgrade.
In case the Samsung Kies fails to let you update the latest version of Android 5.0.1 Lollipop, you can still install the latest Android OS on your Samsung Galaxy Note 4 manually with the help of another software application known as Odin.
How to upgrade to Android 5.0.1 Lollipop using Odin
One thing that you should be notified before going ahead with this upgrade is that the latest build version of the Android 5.0.1 Lollipop is only compatible with the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910C and it’s a Polish version. However, it can also work on any Galaxy Note 4 across the globe that is unlocked.
Nevertheless, don’t attempt to flash this new Android OS on a carrier-branded Galaxy Note 4 as you may end up with a dead phone. As usual, we do not take any responsibility as far as choices you make about modifications on your devices are concerned. Just ensure that you are familiar with the risks of doing so and you are okay with the same.
- Download official Samsung drivers
- Download the Android 5.0.1 Lollipop firmware build number N910CXXU1BOB4 for your Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910C
- Download the latest version of Odin (v3.09)
- Ensure your phone has at least 85% charge and enable USB Debugging mode by going to “Settings>Developer Options” just in case you may need to troubleshoot the device later on.
- Create a backup of your most important data.
How to install Android 5.0.1 Lollipop on Samsung Galaxy Note 4
After you have assembled all of the above, you can now go ahead and upgrade your Galaxy Note 4 to the latest Lollipop OS. In order to successfully do this, follow this easy procedure:
- First unzip the downloaded firmware on your PC
- Start the installed Odin
- Switch off your phone and restart it in download mode. To do this, press “Volume Down + Power + Home” buttons.
- Go ahead and connect your Samsung Galaxy Note 4 to your PC using a USB cable and stay still as Odin recognizes it. You should be able to see a blue box appear in ID: COM.
- If Re-Partition is checked, make sure to uncheck it
- Click on the “AP” button and find the file named tar.md5 from the unzipped firmware in step one above and click on Start.
- Do not disconnect your Galaxy Note 4 from your PC until the procedure ends. A green “PASS” message will appear when the process is done.
- Once your Samsung phone restarts, the OS on the phone will be the new Android 5.0.1 Lollipop.
Post the upgrade, you can proceed and restore your data again.
Related ItemsAndroid 5.0.1 Lollipop