The mobile devices that include dual SIM are pretty popular all over the world. One device that falls into this category is the Motorola Moto G 2nd gen. It is loved among users, however the Xiaomi Mi 4i will be its leading rival, since it was recently released. So let’s have a look at the major specs of these two devices and see which is worth owning.
1. Processor Details: The Xiaomi Mi 4i has a Snapdragon 615 64-bit octa-core processor with 4 cores at 1.7GHz and 4 at 1.1GHz as well as Adreno 405 graphics. The Moto G 2nd gen comes with a 1.2GHz Snapdragon, a 400 quad-core processor as well as an Adreno 305 GPU.
2. The display: The Motorola device has a 5-inch IPS LCD display with HD resolution of 1280×720 (294 ppi) whereas the Mi 4i has a 5-inch IPS LCD display with Full HD resolution measuring 1920×1080 (441 ppi).
3. Storage&RAM: The Xiaomi mobile comes with a 2GB of RAM and 16GB of storage, this cannot be expanded via microSD. The Moto G 2nd gen has 1GB of RAM and 16GB storage, which is expandable via microSD to 32GB.
4. Camera Characteristics: Mi 4i comes packed with:
- a 13-megapixel rear camera and autofocus
- dual-LED flash
- 1080p video seizure
- a 5-megapixel front-facing camera unit
Now let’s see what Moto G 2nd gen has. It comes with:
- an 8-megapixel rear camera with autofocus
- LED flash and 720p video seizure
- a 2-megapixel front-facing system.
The Xiaomi Mi 4i comes with a 3120 mAh battery( which is removable) whereas the Motorola contains a 2070 mAh battery(not removable).
6. Network Features:
The Mi 4i will work on 4G LTE, 3G, dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi hotspot and Direct, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, and microUSB 2.0 with USB Host.
The Moto G 2nd gen supports 3G, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, WiFi hotspot, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, microUSB 2.0 and USB Host.
The Xiaomi phone functions on Android 5.0.2 and Lollipop-based MIUI 6.0.
The Motorola, while it was first released on Android 4.4.4 KitKat, currently it also runs on Android Lollipop and stock Android.
The Xiaomi Mi 4i:
The Moto G 2nd gen:
The Xiaomi Mi 4i was recently released at RS. 12,999 whereas the Moto G 2nd gen Dual SIM was also released at the price of Rs. 12,999. But good news for those who wish to buy the latter device, the price has been reduces to Rs. 10,999. Just make sure you think this through. Some might care more about the overall design while others focus more on specs.
Related ItemsXiaomi Mi 4i vs Moto G 2nd Gen