Today marks a noteworthy stride for Nio Phone users as the brand rolls out its inaugural OTA (Over-The-Air) update, amplifying the synergy between your smartphone and your Nio vehicle. Here’s a closer look at what the fresh software, SkyUI 1.0.1, brings to the table:
- Swift Vehicle Access: With the update, bid adieu to tedious password entries. Your system fingerprint now swiftly unlocks your Nio car, making every drive start off on a smooth note.
- Climate Sync: Step into your Nio car to find the temperature just as you like it. The upgrade syncs your car’s AC with your last remote setting, ensuring a cozy ambiance as soon as you hop in.
- Nio Link Augmentation:
- Navigation Handover: Your phone’s navigation now seamlessly transitions to your car system the moment you hop in, halting on your mobile to save battery and reduce distractions.
- Voice Coordinated Wake: A new voice collaboration feature now supports NT1.0 platform models, simplifying your interactions with both your Nio phone and car.
- Enhanced Voice Skills: Set countdowns, check world time, or plan your routes effortlessly with added voice skills.
This substantial update, not just a mere facelift, is a testament to Nio’s dedication towards concocting a harmonious ecosystem between its phones and cars. While the update package is sized at 558MB, some users, like blogger @CyberEv, received a modest 128MB update aimed at bug fixes and system stabilization.
Under the hood, the Nio Phone is powered by the formidable Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 leading edition processor, and sports a sleek “Light Dumb One-Body Glass” back cover. Its front is adorned with a 6.81-inch Samsung E6 material 2K screen, supporting 120Hz LTPO high refresh and a peak brightness of 1800 nits. Moreover, a triple rear camera setup with 50MP Wide, 50MP Ultra-Wide, and 50MP Periscope telephoto lenses makes it a robust contender in the smartphone arena.
Boasting a hefty 5200mAh battery with 66W wired, 50W wireless, and 10W reverse wireless charging, the Nio Phone, priced starting at 6499 Yuan, is indeed a compelling proposition. The pre-sale is already live, with shipping commencing from September 28.
With the advent of this update, the bond between your Nio Phone and your vehicle is tighter, making the communication between them more intuitive and your life a tad more convenient. This isn’t just an update; it’s Nio elevating the user experience to a zenith, proving once again that when it comes to melding technology with everyday life, they’re on a league of their own.