GTA 5 (the new version) – will be released on March 15 on PS5 and Xbox Series X|S. Preloads began yesterday, March 8.
Players can preload the majority of the game ahead of time, saving them time and bandwidth on launch day. The rest will be available for download on launch day and will be unlocked server-side for players. Preloading is a possible alternative for people with slower connections or for those who want to save time because the game is going to be around 80 GB in size.
How to pre-install the game on PS5
The entire process is very easy, and we are here to guide you through all of it.
- First, make sure you’re using a PS5 console and not a web or mobile app to complete the process.
- If you already have the PS4 version must first go to the home screen and find the game.
- Next to the Play Game option, click the three-dot menu.
- Select View Product from the menu.
- Return to the new three-dot menu on the right.
- Choose either Grand Theft Auto 5 or Grand Theft Auto Online as your game. The first two alternatives should appear on the screen.
If you do not own the PS4, do this:
- Make sure you’re using a PS5 console and not a web or mobile app to complete the process.
- From the home screen, go to the PlayStation Store.
- Go to the Latest Tab.
- Go to the Pre-Order section by scrolling down.
- Click on the download button
- Click on pre-order to see payment info and the confirmation screen.
- After that, the download will begin automatically