The smartwatch industry is growing each and everyday, with the bigwigs of the technology industry investing in production of these devices. Two of these are Samsung and Sony which released their devices not too long ago during the IFA 2014. So let see who’s hot and who’s not as we take an in depth comparison of the Samsung Gear Live and Sony Smartwatch 3 smart watches.
- The display and design.
- Taking a look at these two smart watches, you will not fail to realize the striking resemblance in their appearance.
- However, Samsung Gear Live is compact with a sleek design due to the outer metallic body that is smooth and does not have buttons. it comes with two straps which are Wine red and black.
- The Sony Smartwatch 3 is no different either, a sleek compact metallic outer body. However, in Sony there is a button that is located on the right side so that can be used to easily distinguish them. The black color is also there for the Sony Smartwatch 3 but the other color in this case is Yellow.
- The wrist straps are available in various styles which now depends on the users preference. Whether you prefer casual, fitness or formal it is there for you. However, they are purchased separately.
- The Sony Smartwatch 3 presents a fantastic display that consists of a 1.6 inch screen that possess a resolution of about 320 by 320 pixels. Now the best thing about this screen is the transflective display that allows you a perfect view even when there is bright sunshine.
- Samsung Gear Live has a slightly larger display of 1.63 inch with the super AMOLED display being used. The resolution is still the same we have seen in the smartwatch that is 320 by 320 pixels. The weakness here is that the super AMOLED display cannot match the power of the transflective display in bright sunshine.
- The Internal Features.
- The operating system running in these two watches is the same, which is the Android Wear.
- The two smart watches are both built to be compatible to devices running on Android 4.3 and later versions.
- The 1.2 GHz Snapdragon 400 processor is responsible for powering the Gear 3. In the Sony Smartphone, the Quad ARM A7 processor that has also 1.2GHz does the job.
- We still have more resemblance in the memory capacities of the smart watches with both having a RAM with 512 MB and an internal storage capacity that reaches up to 4GB.
- Other features.
- There are additional features designed into these two watches that are worth mentioning.
- With the Samsung Gear such features include a heart rate monitor, Accelerometer, Compass and Gyroscope. It is also IP67 certified as both dust and water resistant.
- Sony smartphone 3 also has some of those features, some are different and additional. Here are some; Ambient light sensors, Accelerometer, GPS, Gyroscope and Compass. The Smartwatch is also dust and waterproof that is IP68 certified.
These smart watches are more or less equal with similar features. Certainly, it seems too close for us to call so it would have to be on your personal preference so go ahead; you be the judge and decide, which is hot and which is not.